Thursday, April 15, 2010

Support Your Community!

The Miller 5K Fun Run/Walk
In memory of Larry H. Miller, the Clinton City Youth Council is holding a 5K fun run/walk on May 1, 2010. All money will go to American Diabetes Association and to the awareness of Diabetes.
A physical examination is not required to participate in the Miller 5K Fun Run/Walk, but all competitors participate at their own risk. If in doubt as to your physical condition, it is strongly recommended that you seek the advice of a competent physician and abide by his/her advice.
The pickup date for shirt (if ordering) and timing chips will be held on one of two dates:
April 29th 2010 Bountiful Recreation Center (550 North 200 West Bountiful, Utah)
April 30th 2010 Clinton City Fire Station (2153 North 1500 West Clinton, Utah)
Be sure to leave your email address and you will receive more information about when and where you will pick up your stuff, and more information about race day.
All checks need to be made out to Clinton City Youth Council, and the following form needs to be mailed or delivered to 2267 North 1500 West Clinton, Utah 84015.
For more information contact Tyler Nelson (801‐628‐9539) or Julie Davis (801‐499‐1963)
I know surprise, surprise that I’m supporting my city in their efforts to honor Larry H. Miller. I just saw an opportunity to run and get to know my fellow neighbors a little better. Not only are you honoring him you are fighting off heart disease. I’m not sure how many of you are familiar with the activities your city council puts on, but I can testify that when we do support your cities efforts in becoming a stronger community it works. Find out what kind of recreational events they are offering. I hope to see some of you at these upcoming races that I posted. If you guys do your research and find out the cause of the run, you’ll find out that you are supporting a good cause. Never believe that they do it out of profit, I run because I love it, and I want to help someone else by donating money. RUN FOR A GOOD CAUSE! Many times that is where people lack the motivation to run. They do not have a good cause, but when you find one your desire to support it will grow; maybe even enough to bush you the limits of running 26.2 miles!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good blog for people who like running. I mean, if I were a runner I'd wan't to know where and when all the races were too. Unfortunately I'm not a runner at all. I run when people break my window with a water balloons and I have to chase them down five or six blocks so that I don't have to pay for it. This usually includes me having to jump a few fences and most of the time ripping my pants. But that's only some times.

    ReplyDelete