Thursday, April 15, 2010

Summer is Coming!

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."
When I read this quote I really brought me back to why I really run. I want you all to know how much self-satisfaction really comes from running. I remember after my first marathon I thought I was going to kill over. The next day, when family members and friends were asking me questions about it I felt so good about myself. I was planning my next race that night. Summer is almost here and I don’t want anyone wasting away in front of their television. It’s time for us to get out there and enjoy nature. If you don’t feel like running right now, I promise if you go volunteer at one of the local marathons going on soon you will feel motivated. Don’t you want to know what it feels like to run 26.2 miles?? Well, it may not sound like an enjoyable time right now, but there is not sense in not trying it out. Saturday, April 17th is the Salt Lake Marathon and I feel like you should all go support those who have put aside so much time to train for such a large event. Not only will you benefit them you will benefit yourself. SLC Marathon always provides good entertainment and free samples. I know we all love free crap, so go enjoy the events and cheer on some runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment