Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Trail Races

My friend recently informed me of the XTERRA Trail Runs. “I did it last year and it kicked my butt,” said Matt Petersen, who is an avid runner. So I thought I would do a little research on it the races they have available. It’s called the XTERRA Wheeler Canyon Xduro. According to the XTERRA website they said “for runners craving a challenge, this half-marathon distance trail run will still feature the infamous 2,300 foot climb from Pineview Reservoir to Snowbasin Resort. This grueling “Xduro” endurance trail run promises runners a spectacular view of Wheeler Canyon and well-deserved bragging rights at the finish.” I absolutely love running on trails and if you haven’t experienced it yet I suggest you do so. I do local trails around my house like, Adams Canyon and the Indian Trail up Ogden Canyon. It is very refreshing and it helps you get away from the world for a moment. I will not promise that it want be a grueling experience for you, but for those of us who love running will admit that those grueling experiences are what we live for. Bushing yourself to the limits can be quite the rush. The cost for the race is now standing at $35, but after March 1, 2010 it will be raised to $40. I want to know all those who are interested are those who have actually competed in a race like this. The best thing about the XTERRA racing is that it gives back to the community by involving not-for-profits as beneficiaries at the events. So, if you do not want to do it for yourself than do for the less fortunate.

1 comment:

  1. If you've run into my yellow lab on the trail, I'm sorry. He can be a bit of a trail hog!

    ReplyDelete